Saturday 15 March 2014

"Pompeii" pre-screening and Review!

See image credit below
 Today I went to see a pre-screening for Pompeii, starring Kit Harington and Emily Browning. Christine won two tickets via a contest, and very kindly invited me to go with her.

I enjoyed the experience of being at a pre-screening, although there were some strange policies: while everyone was lined up, an employee came around asking for everyone's cell phones, saying if they were seen inside the theatre, they'd be confiscated. Not wanting our phones to be lost in the seemingly-random pile, we opted to say we didn't have our phones on us.

The movie itself was good for a one-time watch. It had some great action sequences, including fights and chariot chases. The acting was pretty good throughout, although something that bothered me the whole way through was that Carrie-Anne Moss, great in everything I've seen her in, had an accent in her first scene, but didn't in any of her other scenes! I couldn't help but laugh at the ending because it was incredibly cheesy, but as I said, the film was good for a one-time watch and I enjoyed the experience.

Check out Christine's blog here! If you love books, you'll probably love her blog :)
http://padfootslibrary.blogspot.ca/

Image Credit: Lancevortex via Wikipedia in accordance with the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment