Saturday 29 March 2014

"Attack on Titan" | Book Review

 As you may have seen a few days ago, this month's Loot Crate came with a copy of Attack on Titan, Volume 1. I read it today!

The story takes place in the future, when the human race has been massacred by the titans; the survivors live in fear in a walled city, and must fend off the titans, including the colossus titan.

This is a cool concept. It kind of feeds (pun intended) off of the zombie genre we seem to be so interested in these days, but Attack on Titan gives its villains their own unique twist. The city's layout is really well planned out - I'm impressed by the thought that went into designing it.

The story held my interest throughout; it's compelling, I want to know if and how they'll defeat the titans. The writing gets you attached to the characters whom, by the way, the writer is not afraid to kill!

I'm going to give the anime a watch as well, as my sister really enjoys it.

Have you read or seen Attack on Titan? What did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment