Wednesday 4 June 2014

Characters You Wish You Were More Like | Top 5 Wednesday

  1. Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series, written by J.K. Rowling
I want to be like Hermione in that I really want to go to Hogwarts. We both have muggles for parents and like Hermione, I know I could do well at Hogwarts. She's a fantastic student and while I definitely did well in school, I could benefit from having Hermione's intelligence and dedication (couldn't we all?).

     2.   Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games trilogy, written by Suzanne Collins

Katniss is a badass. There's no denying it. I don't by any means long for her place in the Games, but she's incredibly self-reliant and resourceful - and boy, does she know how to use a bow and arrow! I love archery but haven't developed skills anywhere near Katniss-level.

     3. Bilbo Baggins from The Hobbit, written by J.R.R. Tolkien

Although he's undeniably a home-body and he loves to be alone (qualities I share and I think are perfectly normal sometimes), Bilbo goes on an adventure when opportunity literally comes a-knocking. He pushes his personal boundaries by agreeing to help Gandalf the Grey and the Dwarves.

     4.   Reagan from Fangirl, written by Rainbow Rowell

Reagan always has a witty remark to make. I find that in books, films, and TV shows, the characters who provide comic relief tend to be my favourites, and I'd love to embody that more. Though her snark often masks it, Reagan can also be quite sweet and is always willing to help out a friend.

     5.   Saba from the Dust Lands trilogy, written by Moira Young

Saba has the same quality of self-reliance that I so value in Katniss. Saba definitely has some poor qualities, but it's the fighter in her that I love. Her brother means more to her than the world, and she proves that by, against all the odds, overcoming all the incredible obstacles she faces while trying to rescue him.

Which character (from books, movies or TV shows) do you wish you were more like?

4 comments: