Sunday 23 August 2015

Bout of Books Challenge: What to Read Next!

Today's challenge is to "recommend 3 books (and only 3 books) you have read this year that you think should be recognized as something great." It's hosted by Sarah over at Sarah Reads Too Much!

1. You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day


You can check out my (gushing) review here! As a person of the internet, Felicia understands. "Understands what," you ask. Everything - your obsession with gaming and being on the internet, the anxiety that comes with talking to people (new and otherwise)...she's very easy to relate to and she's hilarious! And the pictures she includes are just pure gold.

2. One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories by B.J. Novak


My review for this collection can be found here! This book of short stories pleasantly surprised me, even though I was already anticipating enjoying it because I like B.J. Novak's humour. There's a mixture of funny and touching stories, and I loved most of them. I'll be coming back to this one.

3. The Night Sister by Jennifer McMahon


Stay tuned - my review for this one will be up on Tuesday! From the opening scene onward, I was hooked on this story and its characters. There's a pervading creepiness from page one, and I wasn't sure how that could be maintained over the course of an entire book, but it happened. So creepy.

What book(s) have you read this year that you think everyone should read?

No comments:

Post a Comment