Sunday 2 February 2014

Seeing "Coriolanus" in Theatres!

See image credit below
 Today I went to see "Coriolanus" in theatres with Christine.

It was an interesting experience to watch a play on a huge movie screen. I was really excited to see Tom Hiddleston in a play, I mean, who wouldn't be? He's a great actor.

I've never read "Coriolanus," so I had no idea what to expect. It ended up being really intense, which I was completely fine with, as it was a really interesting play about the effects of war on the title character.

I really like the way the stage was set up. It was a tiny stage, but they were able to do so much with it. Since there wasn't really a backstage area, actors who weren't in the scene would sit at the back of the stage, usually with their eyes closed, to signify their detachment from the scene. A really interesting use of space, in my opinion!

Everyone in the play was well cast, I think all the actors did a great job of portraying their characters and the story as a whole.

Image Credit: "Coriolanus" by Bryan Chuck Brennan via deviantart in accordance with the Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

No comments:

Post a Comment