Thursday 9 January 2014

"The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" | Movie Review


I went to see "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" with my best friend Christine today.

I really enjoyed all the action and adventure in this installment. It was great to be introduced to new characters, like Bard, and also get more of a background on characters like Legolas, who we know from the Lord of the Rings series.

Most of the plot-lines were interesting and relevant to the story, although the love triangle was unfounded.

Benedict Cumberbatch was awesomely threatening as Smaug and I was really stressed out during his scenes, which I think is a good thing as we're talking about a ginormous, fire-breathing dragon here.

I'm also really glad this film wasn't shot in 48 FPS again, because watching "An Unexpected Journey" made me dizzy.

2 comments:

  1. It was so good seeing it again. :D and I had a blast yesterday!! <3 I can't believe how quickly time went by!

    ReplyDelete