Sunday 26 January 2014

The Grammy Awards 2014

I've been watching the Grammy Awards for the past couple of hours.

So far, it's been fine - the hyped-up "best, most exciting Grammy Awards yet" has been pretty much like any other awards show; nothing spectacular, in my opinion.

There have certainly been some great performances. Katy Perry performed "Dark Horse" early on in the show with a spectacular set (as always!) and cool costumes. I was super impressed with Pink's acrobatic performance - that takes skills! Another of my favourites, Imagine Dragons and Kendrick Lamar gave a bad-ass rendition of "Radioactive."

There have also been some cringe-worthy moments (I really do love you, Jamie Foxx, but what was that). Anna Kendrick (again, I love you girl) and Pharrell Williams' pre-winner-reveal banter was really cheesy and left me wishing they would just read out the category winner. And Neil Patrick Harris pretty much sums up how I feel about Pharrell's hat here:


Gotta love NPH.

Something that irks me about awards shows is that some of these already-wealthy celebrities are getting swag bags worth more than $20,000 afterward. It's bizarre to me that the people who can definitely afford these things are getting them for free. Oh, entertainment business.

After more than two hours, I feel the same way I feel with most awards shows - I've had enough for now and I'll check who won tomorrow.

Did you watch the 2014 Grammy Awards? If so, what did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment