Monday 14 December 2015

"Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials" #SurviveTheScorch Screening | Event Recap

Hi everyone! Today I come to you with a special, double-edition of Movie Monday. Read 'til the end for an exciting announcement!

Recently someone over at New Wave Entertainment reached out to me asking to use my tweet about Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials in a commercial! Imagine my excitement when that happened to me, a huge movie buff (have you seen my Movie Log?). The commercial aired on TV in the U.S., and you can watch it here (pause at 0:04 to read the two quotes from my tweet!):


Not long after the commercial aired, I received another email asking me to participate in a really cool campaign they were doing to celebrate the upcoming DVD release of Scorch Trials - a home screening and Twitter chat with the author, James Dashner, complete with a #SurviveTheScorch kit full of tasty zombie-themed treats!

The #SurviveTheScorch kit I received

It was great to be able to spend time with my family and friends watching a movie I love and live-tweeting the whole thing. I was able to learn about James Dashner's favourite scenes, shots (the shot of the group standing on the sand dune, anyone? That was gorgeous.), and quotes from the movie, as well as what he thought about the differences in the adaptation.

It's been a great experience and I'm so grateful to the people over at New Wave Entertainment for wanting to use my tweet, and to Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment and Think Jam for asking me to participate in the campaign!

You can read my review and enter to win a Blu-ray of the film here!

Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials will be available on Blu-ray and DVD December 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment